onsdag 22 december 2010

På min önskelista (2)

Den här veckan har jag valt att ta med flera böcker på min önskelista, det är några av de böcker som jag verkligen, verkligen vill läsa!

Delirium av Lauren Oliver:

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn't understand that once love--the deliria--blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold.

Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Haloway has always looked forward to the day when she'll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: she falls in love.


Matched av Ally Condie:

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.



A Season of Eden av J.M. Warwick:

He's my teacher. I shouldn't be alone with him. But I can't help that he's irresistible.
I let the door silently close at my back. He stared at me, and a taut quiet stretched between us. "I like hearing you play," I said, moving toward him. He turned, in sync with my slow approach. He looked up at me but didn't say anything. I rested my clammy hand on the cold, slick body of the baby grand. "May I?" The muscles in his throat shifted, then he swallowed. "Eden." My knees weakened, like a soft tickling kiss had just been blown against the backs of them. "Is it okay?" I asked. His gaze held mine like two hands joined. He understood what I was really asking. "Let me stay," I said. "Please." "You're going to get me in trouble," he said.


Apropå något helt annat... Jag håller fortfarande på att läsa The Iron King, hinner knappt läsa något nu innan jul och så. Men jag hoppas att jag har läst klart den innan slutet på denna veckan i alla fall :)

1 kommentar:

  1. Om du fortfarande har "A Season of Eden" på önskelistan så finns den och några andra böcker till bortskänkning på min blogg. Egentligen vet jag inte om du behöver fler olästa böcker i bokhyllan, men det beslutet är du vuxen nog att fatta själv :)

    SvaraRadera